Thursday, February 27, 2014

I am

vacuous, i suppose
utterly empty
and entirely void
of all except
the disgusting wallop
of a heart in tune
with the steps that
echo down the street.
against the tree
do vision fly of
ambiance and lullaby


I push the last of the air in my lungs into great bubbles that race to the water's surface to explode and disappear all at once before I emerge from the bottom of the tub nose first. I leave most of me submerged letting my hair snake around my face, framing it like a lion's mane. I think the water's too hot because my skin is red and livid, but I can't seem to feel much at all- neither internally nor externally. Inhale. Exhale.

The weight is saturated in the parietal lobe, but is being extracted and dispersed through the frontal.The sound, however, is untraceable; it radiates deep through my brain simultaneously in a deep roar and a potent squee. Over that I hear my detached heart thudding the soft lullaby in response to soothe the pain,   'I am. I am. I am. I am. I am. I am.'

No comments:

Post a Comment